Fireman’s Field park, including the Historic Bush Tabernacle, is owned by the Town of Purcellville. The Town worked with the previous owner, the Purcellville Volunteer Fire Company, to place a permanent conservation easement on the 13-acre property through the state Department of Historic Resources, a crucial step that will protect the property in perpetuity.
Constructed in 1903 to host the annual “bush meeting” of the Prohibition and Evangelical Association of Loudoun County, the Tabernacle is one of only three such bush meeting structures remaining in the Commonwealth. A major renovation by the Town in 2009 included several green, environmental design elements such as an innovative geothermal HVAC system, metal roof with recycled materials, LED and high-efficiency lights that use less electricity, added insulation to lower the HVAC demand, and water conserving fixtures. These green features along with the repairs and alternations will contribute to the successful operation of the Tabernacle for many years to come.
Read about the acquisition of Fireman’s Field and the Bush Tabernacle:
Field of Dreams Article
Information containing great historic facts and photos:
Northern Virginia History